Friday, December 31, 2010

2010's Greatest Hits

My 12 Greatest Hits of 2010:
  1. January: Started a new full-time job at MOG. As the year progressed, my good fortune was reinforced. Unemployment is high and expected to remain so for a few more years; I am still surprised at how much I'm enjoying my new job. I have great colleagues.
  2. February: Despite a massive computer failure and near-loss of valuable data, I managed to complete my RPM record "Reflection", and people like it! Full release coming soon...
  3. March: Showed surprisingly complete demos of both MOG apps at SXSW to the press, got good reviews
  4. April: Wrote a new song for pop-punk band Victim Nation
  5. May: Attended the wedding of my good friends Rich and Humu; traveled back east to see my cousin Claire get married and see other friends and relatives.
  6. June: Played guitar with The Disciples of Vice.
  7. July: Launched both the MOG iPhone and Android apps!
  8. August: Got fitted for custom shoes and boots.
  9. September: The new and improved Sid Luscious and The Pants debuted at the Portola Festival. Had a nice getaway at a resort.
  10. October: The MOG app I built won Billboard's "Best Streaming App of 2010", beating the Rhapsody app (which I also built!) and the Thumbplay app.
  11. November: Spent a nice Thanksgiving with relatives in Napa and met my brother's fiancee. Congratulations to them both!
  12. December: Celebrated 10 years as a couple with my wonderful wife. And my friend Sid Luscious played a show at the Great American Music Hall.
I didn't write as much as I would have liked, a combination of things like lots of work, Fallout: New Vegas, and various other distractions. I hope to rectify that and my other flaws in 2011!

Happy New Year!

No comments: